Human Resource Management
“Growing Pains at Modern Office Supply” (pages 236-237 in the text).
After reading the case annotated above, answer the following questions as noted on page 237 of the text:
- What important elements are missing in the performance management process? In what ways would improving the performance management process help improve discipline and morale at Modern Office Supply?
- Explain ways the form used for hourly employees contributes to errors and distortions in the appraisal process. How would you revise the form to reduce those errors? Explain other steps that need to be taken to further reduce distortions in the process.
- What type of appraisal method would you recommend that would be more effective for the hourly employees? Construct an appropriate form for the delivery driver position.
- How can the appraisal process for the managers be improved?
- Research: Find two to three online examples of performance appraisals for hourly employees that are more effective than the example in the case. Explain the elements that make your examples more effective.
There are no “right” or “wrong” answers, only well-substantiated opinions based on critical analysis.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.