- Centers on a specific issue “Where [You]’re From.”
- Shares an effective response to the problem (or some aspect of the problem).
- Explains a point of disagreement with your position or understanding that you found through research.
- Explains your response to that disagreement.
After writing your rough draft, revise it so that it reflects the qualities of an effective essay, including those you and your peers shared in your Roll Call Post. Think about how you’ll –
- Introduce and conclude your essay.
- Focus on a primary issue throughout the essay.
- Organize your ideas in the body of the essay.
- Write an essay that’s clear, logical, and impactful for the reader.
- Cite the ideas of outside authors.