lease read the following articles and answer the questions with each article:
Half the Sky, Chapter 4: Rule by Rape (61-80)
- How many women are estimated to be beaten in the home?
- The judge in the rape and kidnapping case of Woineshet, in Ethiopia, disapproved of the fact that this young girl was insisting on prosecuting her rapist: “He wants to marry you. Why are you refusing?” How is this story emblematic of the much larger problem of “tradition” in countries like Ethiopia?
Half the Sky, Chapter 5: The Shame of “Honor” (81-92)
3. How is rape used to control women? How is rape used to control men?
4. According to “Half the Sky,” what did the United Nations officially declare as a “weapon of war” in 2008?
5. What did you learn about why women did not report rape?