Analyze Energy Sources Lab
Everything people do in their daily lives involves the consumption of resources—
Assignment: SCI203 Phase 4 Lab Report
Title: Analysis of Energy Sources
Instructions: You will write a 1-page lab report using the scientific method.
When your lab report is complete – submit it in the classroom.
Part I: Using the lab animation, fill in the data table below to gather your data, and use it to help you generate your hypothesis, outcomes, and analysis.
|Energy Source||Fuel (Coal)/Uranium Needed (tons)||
|Sulfur Dioxide and Other Emissions (tons)||Radioactivity mSv (millisievert)||Solid Waste (tons)||Accidents|
Part II: Write a 1-page lab report using the following scientific method sections:
- State the purpose of the lab.
- This is an investigation of what is currently known about the question being asked. Use background information from credible references to write a short summary about concepts in the lab. List and cite references in APA style.
- Hypothesis/Predicted Outcome
- A hypothesis is an educated guess. Based on what you have learned and written about in the Introduction, state what you expect to be the results of the lab procedures.
- Summarize the procedures that you used in the lab. The Methods section should also state clearly how data (numbers) were collected during the lab; this will be reported in the Results/Outcome section.
- Provide here any results or data that were generated while doing the lab procedure.
- In this section, state clearly whether you obtained the expected results. Also discuss the results and what you learned from this lab.
- Note: You can use the lab data to help you discuss the results and what you learned.
Provide references in APA format. This includes a reference list and in-text citations for references used in the Introduction section.
Give your paper a title, and identify each section as specified above. Although the hypothesis will be a 1-sentence answer, the other sections will need to be paragraphs to adequately explain your experiment.