Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
- 600 – 750 words
- Title and reference page required
- address each question in a numbered list
- no references required other than the citation for the article
- save your assignment as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt) or rich text format (.rtf) file type
- submit your assignment to the Drop Box
Application Analysis: Online Communication
This week you will analyze an article published by Mary Burns illustrating how to create an online course that promotes communication and collaboration. Parts may look familiar to what you have experienced so far. Click the following article link: LINK
The article discusses ten instructional strategies that can be used in online learning.
1) Summarize the 5 strategies that are used in this course: (discussion, self-directed learning, small group work, project, and collaborative learning).
2) Describe how they are used in the course.
3) How is communication different in this online learning environment than a traditional classroom? How do you adjust to this communication channel?
Burns, M. (2016, July 6). Designing effective online courses: 10 considerations. Retrieved from https://elearningindustry.com/designing-effective-online-courses-10-considerations