1. Post by Day 3 the degree to which you agree or disagree with the following statement: “Humans would do better without groups.” Include in your response an explanation of one way group membership might be beneficial to and one way in which group membership might be detrimental to an individual’s life. (200-300 words)
2. Post by Day 4 an explanation of two specific challenges that might arise while researching intergroup relations, including one from laboratory experimentation and one from field research. Then explain strategies you might use to address these specific challenges in a research project. (200-300 words)
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources and the current literature.
- Fiske, S. T., Gilbert, D. T., & Lindzey, G. (Eds.). (2010). Handbook of social psychology (5th ed., Vol. 1). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Chapter 2, “The Art of Laboratory Experimentation”
- Chapter 3, “Social Psychological Methods Outside the Laboratory”
- Fiske, S. T., Gilbert, D. T., & Lindzey, G. (Eds.). (2010). Handbook of social psychology (5th ed., Vol. 2). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Chapter 28, “Intergroup Relations”