Choose any federal statute that is currently in the news. You will have to research that statute and at least two court cases pertaining to the statute. Then, prepare a PowerPoint Presentation of 6 to 8 slides addressing the following:
- Provide a summary perspective of the statute.
- From the two cases relevant to the statute you researched, analyze and evaluate each case separately by providing the following (about two paragraphs per case):
- Facts of the case
- Identify and discuss the legal ramifications and violations of any legal subjects and/or decisions related to any constitutional principles and/or administrative agency.
- Make an argument for or against the statute. Discuss and persuade the audience of your position as a public administrator for or against it.
Your assignment must:
- Include ten (10) PowerPoint slides, with two (2) devoted to each of the topics in items 2–4 above. Slides should abbreviate the information in no more than five or six (5 or 6) bullet points each.
- In the Notes View of each PowerPoint slide, incorporate the notes you would use when presenting the slides to an audience.
- Slide titles should be based on the criteria described above (e.g., “Four Major Changes,” “Major Court Cases,” etc.)
- In addition to the ten (10) content slides required, a title slide and a reference slide are to be included. The title slide is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date. The reference slide should list, in APA format, the sources you consulted in writing the paper.