The American College of Sports Medicine and the American Heart Association recommend adults get 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise each week. Regular exercise has been proven to reduce risk factors for diseases such as cancer, heart disease, Type 2 Diabetes, and stroke (Schmidt, 2016).
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review this week’s required resources, including the Quantity and Quality of Exercise for Developing and Maintaining Cardiorespiratory, Musculoskeletal, and Neuromotor Fitness in Apparently Healthy Adults (Links to an external site.) article. Examine the effects of exercise on health by addressing the following items in your assignment:
- Describe the physical and mental health benefits of participating in a regular exercise program.
- Identify the chronic physiological responses that occur from a regular exercise program.
- Describe the importance of the warm up and cool down before and after exercise.
- Determine the importance of including flexibility in an exercise program.
- Explain the benefits of resistance training.
- Analyze the health consequences of a sedentary lifestyle.