In this SLP, you will be a health and safety manager in a company that has a manufacturing facility with multiple occupational hazards. This setting could be a place where you currently work, one that you may be familiar with, or one that you just find interesting.
In the facility there have been many workers compensation claims for back injury and chronic back pain. Also, there has recently been concern for exposure to biological hazards when accidents occur and there is potential for exposure to blood or body fluid. For this SLP, and in the context of your SLP project:
- Identify ergonomic hazards to which workers may be exposed, particularly the ones leading to back injury, and design a plan to address this concern and prevent future injuries.
- Design a plan to prevent exposure to biological hazards in your workforce.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Use information from your module readings/articles as well as appropriate research to support your paper.
Length: The SLP assignment should be 3-5 pages long (double-spaced).
Turnitin: Your assignment will not be graded until you have submitted an Originality Report with a Similarity Index (SI) score <20% (excluding direct quotes, quoted assignment instructions, and references). Papers not meeting this requirement by the end of the session will receive a score of 0 (grade of F). Do keep in mind that papers with a lower SI score may be returned for revisions. For example, if one paragraph accounting for only 10% of a paper is cut and pasted, the paper could be returned for revision, despite the low SI score. Please use the report and your SI score as a guide to improve the originality of your work.
References: At least three references must be included from academic sources (e.g., peer-reviewed journal articles). Required Reading is included. Quoted materials should not exceed 10% of the total paper (since the focus of these assignments is critical thinking). Use your own words and build on the ideas of others. Materials copied verbatim from external sources must be enclosed in quotation marks. In-text citations are required as well as a list of references at the end of the assignment. (APA format is recommended.)
Organization: Subheadings should be used to organize your paper according to the questions.
Format: APA format is recommended for this assignment.
Grammar and Spelling: While no points are deducted for minor errors, assignments are expected to adhere to standard guidelines of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence syntax. Points may be deducted if grammar and spelling impact clarity.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
- Achievement of learning objectives for SLP assignment.
- Relevance: All content is connected to the question.
- Precision: Specific question is addressed. Statements, facts, and statistics are specific and accurate.
- Depth of discussion: Points that lead to deeper issues are presented and integrated.
- Breadth: Multiple perspectives and references, and multiple issues/factors are considered.
- Evidence: Points are well supported with facts, statistics, and references.
- Logic: Discussion makes sense; conclusions are logically supported by premises, statements, or factual information.
- Clarity: Writing is concise and understandable, and contains sufficient detail or examples.
- Objectivity: Avoids the use of first person and subjective bias.