Our understanding of genetic inheritance and the function of DNA in producing the characteristics of the individual have been developing for more than 150 years.
- Consider our current state of knowledge.
- Link genetic characteristics to DNA structure.
- Describe the steps in the process of protein synthesis.
- Explain how DNA through the process of protein synthesis is responsible for the ultimate expression of the characteristics in the organism.
- Describe how interference in protein synthesis can result in disruption of cellular and bodily processes?
One important class of proteins are enzymes, which control countless processes within our bodies. Considering that the building blocks of proteins are amino acids, explain how poor nutrition can disrupt many important functions in our bodies.
The minimum length for this assignment is 1,200 words. Be sure to check your Turnitin report for your post and to make corrections before the deadline of 11:59 pm Mountain Time of the due date to avoid lack of originality problems in your work.