Business Proposal Project Summary
Throughout this course you will be completing an action research project based on a real organizational problem that you identify. The assignments for each week build on one another, so it is important to complete each one. Content from each assignment will be used to complete the final business proposal in Topic 8.
There are several parts to the business proposal, and each part has been explained and briefly outlined below. The descriptions provided should be used as a guide to assist you with constructing each section of the business proposal. Word count guidelines are provided for each section of the business proposal.
It is important to include specific data throughout the business proposal. Include statistics that support the problem statement; can be used to establish and track goals; relate to specifics of implementation, timing, and cost; and illustrate stakeholder benefits. Keep in mind that the proposal is an internal document that will be read by stakeholders within the organization in which the problem exists. Focus on this audience as you write. Within the Word document, include subsection titles to organize the content according to the categories listed below to provide easy reference points for the reader.
- Executive Summary (250 words) provides a short summary of the entire proposal so key stakeholders can see an overview of the proposal and understand it without reading the entire document.
- Purpose Statement (100-250 words) provides clear statement of why the business proposal is being made.
- Problem Statement (revised as needed from Topic 1 assignment feedback) includes specific data (statistics and numbers) related to how the problem affects the business. This part of the proposal should include the graph/chart/data you collected in Part 1 of the Topic 2 assignment.
- Data and Research Findings (250-500 words) should include a summary of what you learned from conducting research related to what has already been done to address the organizational problem. This part of the proposal should include the graph/chart/data you collected in Part 2 of the Topic 2 assignment.
- Proposed Solution (250-500 words) should include a summary of the top three problem solutions you considered to address the problem. In addition to including the graph/chart/data you collected in Part 3 of the Topic 2 assignment, this section should provide a succinct discussion of the pros and cons of implementing each of the top three solutions being considered to address the problem.
- Stakeholder Analysis and Benefits (500 words, revised as needed from Topic 3 assignment feedback) summarize all data and information related to the key stakeholders affected by the proposed problem solution along with a summary of benefits to be gained by stakeholders if the problem solution is implemented.
- Change Management Plan (250-500 words) clearly articulates specific methods and strategies to be utilized to manage organizational changes associated with the selected solution implementation.
- Implementation Methods (250-500 words) summarize specific strategies that will be used to implement the problem solution, including time and costs associated with solution implementation.
- Evaluating Success (250 words) summarizes specific measures you will use to evaluate the success of the problem solution.
- Conclusion/Call to Action (100 words) provides specific steps you would like key stakeholders/sponsors to take in the implementation of the proposed solution.