Read the Ted Case Study.
Create a 1,200-1,500-word safety plan for a client similar to Ted, who had been diagnosed with schizophrenia that addresses potential depression and suicidality.
Include the following in your safety plan:
- What symptoms would a client with schizophrenia exhibit? What symptoms did Ted display?
- How would you have addressed Ted’s symptoms related to delusions, hallucinations, and depression?
- What other diagnosis might Ted have been misdiagnosed with and why?
- Describe which theories would have been most effective and which theories would have been least effective for treating Ted’s schizophrenia. Explain your rationale.
- Describe treatment options for addressing all of Ted’s symptoms.
- Explain how a client’s religious or spiritual beliefs come into play during the process of dealing with depression and suicide.
- Include at least five scholarly references in addition to
Dziegielewski, S. (2015). DSM-5: Assessment, Planning, and Practice Strategy. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons INC.