Review chapters 10-11 and address the below review questions:
- What is an agency relationship? What is managerial opportunism? What assumptions do owners of corporations make about managers as agents?
- What is the nature of corporate governance in Germany, Japan, and China?
- How can corporate governance foster ethical decisions and behaviors on the part of managers as agents?
- What are the characteristics of the different functional structures used to implement the cost leadership, differentiation, integrated cost leadership/differentiation, and focused business-level strategies?
- What is a strategic network? What is a strategic center firm? How is a strategic center used in business-level, corporate-level, and international cooperative strategies?
Chapters Review Assignment Writing Guide:
The purpose of the Chapters Review Assignments is to evaluate what you have learned in the textbook chapters and research. You are required to show in-depth understanding of strategic management, policy, and the industry. The assignments, require indepth knowledge through research, hence the need for more references and citations.
The Chapter Review Assignment must follow the following guidelines:
- You must give quality answers that show mastery of the concepts being discussed, using clear logic, and supporting facts. Also, the answers must directly address the questions using chapter readings and research.
- Chapter Review test the understanding of key concepts and elements of strategic management, policy, and the industry, therefore, they must be thoroughly addressed.
- You must use citations with references to document information obtained from sources. The key elements of strategic management, policy, and the industry are found in the sources listed in the syllabus (it is your duty to search for them, read, analyze, evaluate, summarize, paraphrase in your answers, and cite the authors who wrote the articles, books, term papers, memoirs, studies, etc. What it means is that you will have not less than 5 references from the listed sources.
- Grammatically correct paper, no typos, and must have obviously been proof read for logic.
- Questions must be typed out as headings, with follow up answers in paragraph format, and a summary or conclusion at the end of the paper.
The Assignment must be in APA format and is due no later than the specified time (Sunday 11:59 pm).