- Read or watch the Course Materials provided for each week.
- Create a Discussion Board post in which you write a 1-paragraph response to each of the following focus questions (for a total of 3 paragraphs):
- When did the first Westerners arrive in China and what were their goals?
- What were the political, economic, and social challenges faced by both sides in dealing with the other?
- How did European nations use diplomacy and war to gain power and what were the results for China and the West?
Video Links(s): Asia and the Challenge of the WestSource: “The Two Coasts of China: Asia and the Challenge of the West.” Accessed June 23, 2016
Note on Source: Episode 1 of the 1992 PBS Emmy-award winning ten-part documentary series the
Pacific Century, about the rise of the Pacific Rim economies. The series was a co-production of the Pacific Basin Institute and KCTS-TV in Seattle. Principle funding was provided by the Annenberg Foundation.
Instructions: Please click on the following links, which discuss the nature, causes, and effects of European encounters with China:
- Trade, Diplomacy, and the Canton System | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZmtpvfnqcQ
- The Origins and Development of the Opium Trade | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdGQU54b_60
- The Opium War and the Period of Unequal Treaties | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SMou3iQRHU
Top Grade Term Papers is a freelance academic writing company geared towards provision of high quality academic papers to students worldwide. All the work are done in accordance with the appropriate policies and applicable laws.
Whatsapp: +1(916) 407-2506
Phone: +1(916) 407-2506
- Term Paper Help
- English Essay Help
- Research Paper Help
- Paper Writing Service
- Homework Writing Help
- Assignment Writing Help