PLEASE PAY ATTENTION THE INSTRUCTION BELOW
FIVE REFERENCES NOT MORE THAN 5YEARS
While cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT) have many similarities, they are distinctly different therapeutic approaches. When assessing clients and selecting one of these therapies, you must recognize the importance of not only selecting the one that is best for the client, but also the approach that most aligns to your own skill set. For this Assignment, as you examine the similarities and differences between CBT and REBT, consider which therapeutic approach you might use with your clients.
- Compare cognitive behavioral therapy and rational emotive behavioral therapy
- Recommend cognitive behavioral therapies for clients
- Review the media in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Reflect on the various forms of cognitive behavioral therapy.
In a 1- to 2-page paper, address the following:
- Briefly describe how cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT) are similar.
- Explain at least three differences between CBT and REBT. Include how these differences might impact your practice as a mental health counselor.
- Explain which version of cognitive behavioral therapy you might use with clients and why. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
Note: The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.