Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
- 5-7 minutes (and script)
- minimum of 3 resources; all references should be formatted in APA style
- upload your informative/demonstration speech to YouTube
- Record your video directly on YouTube or via Screencast-o-matic (https://screencast-o-matic.com/)
- submit the link to your speech to the Drop Box
Informative/Demonstration Speech: Stage 2
The purpose of the informative/demonstration speech is to construct a presentation aimed at educating your peers about effective study skills (informative speech) or strategies to enhance student success (demonstration speech). You may choose whether you elect to complete an informative or demonstration speech. You must construct a well-organized speech according to one of the speech patterns discussed in the text. You should select a study skill or student success strategy that is relevant to members of the audience (your audience will be your peers in this class). There are a wide variety of topics available on this issue; the only requirement is that the focus of your speech must be relevant to study skills or student success strategies.
Your speech should be approximately 5-7 minutes in length, cite a minimum of three sources verbally, and use an extemporaneous speaking style. In addition, you must submit a reference page, brief outline, and a clear thesis statement.
You will complete your speech in two stages:
- Step #1: Identify Topic, Locate References and Create Outline – DONE
- Step #2: Informative/Demonstration Speech (Week 8)
- In Step #2, you will create your informative/demonstration speech video. You will submit your speech to the dropbox at the end of Week 8.
This week, you will only be focusing on Step #2: Informative/Demonstration Speech:
- In Step #2, you will create your informative/demonstration speech video.
- Record your video directly on YouTube or via Screencast-o-matic.