The purpose of this essay is to give the instructor a sense of your reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.
Follow the steps to write the essay, which should exhibit your best, original writing skills.
1. Review your outlines of The Communist Manifesto
2. Choose a quote from the book that you agree with. Think of three reasons why you agree with this quote and three examples that support those reasons. One example for each reason.
3. Choose a quote from the book that you disagree with. Think of three reasons why you disagree with this quote and three examples to support those reasons. One example for each reason.
4. Organize these notes into an outline of an essay that follows the standard MLA-style essay format that you mastered in English 1A. You can use as a model for the essay the compare/contrast method or the argumentative method. Feel free to use the website owl.english.purdue.edu to refresh your memory on skills learned in English 1A.
5. Develop your outline into an essay. Submit both the outline and the essay bythe deadline.
6. After submitting the essay, add a paragraph response to the Discussions section of the course.