Tasks for Assignment 1
Here are some tasks that you need to complete for assignment 1.
Assignment 1 is for 20 marks and must be completed by week 6.
Part A is mandatory, and you can select any tasks that add up to 10 marks in Part B.
Internal and external students submit power presentation and a text file(Docx/PDF/or any compatible) on week 6 with voice embedded in it.
You could industry resources such as Gartner and Ovum. Go to http://libguides.cdu.edu.au/IT to access these sites.
Please feel free to ask me if you have an issue related to the following tasks in the discussion forum.
- Describe the Australian Government’s ISM and PSPF with emphasis on information classification. Develop an organisational structure to implement the requirements of the standards. – 05 Marks
You can refer to the Video by guest lecture on Week 1.
- Charlie and Iris are working in the same company but a different department who meets during lunch time to discuss about their work. Today Iris discussed about a new position being created and Human Resources department starting advertising the position. Charlie then tell Iris “ I have a friend who runs a placement service and an find the right person. Once the position is filled, I will split the finder’s fee with you” .
Iris knows that her company may pay as much as half a years’ salary for the placement services. Charlies friend is likely o pay him a substantial amount if Iris awards the placement contract to them. If she can get a good employee and a little extra money on the side, everyone wins.
However, Iris is not comfortable with such an arrangement, and she’s pretty sure it’s against company policy.
If this comes to pass, is Charlie or Iris doing anything illegal?
What’s ethically wrong with Charlie’s proposal?
- Recently Australian government had released regulation about General Data Protection Regulation and Mandatory data breach notification act. Describe your understanding of GDPR and its implications in Australian businesses. – 05 Marks
- Describe the importance of Identity and Access Management systems in enforcing security in an organisation. Briefly describe some industry-based products and compare their performances – 05 marks
- Describe what are the issues faced by an organisation allowing staff to use their private smart mobile phones to carry out its business. What management methods can be used to reduce the risks to an organisation using mobiles? – 05 marks
- Email is a vector through which an organisation’s security can be attacked. There are different threats that come through email. What steps would you take to reduce the risks to an organisation’s information security? –5 marks (Hint : How to avoid Social Engineering)
- Data breaches have become very common now, explain any three critical data breaches that happened in 2017 to 2019. What would be your recommendations to avoid those data breaches? – 10 Marks.
In 2016, Census Australia website was shutdown for 40 hours due to DDoS (distributed Denial of Service) attack. Explain what DDoS is, how the attack happened and what are the general countermeasures any