- The first and most important database-related decisions are whether to use a database at all and, if so, which database management system to use and why. Today there are dozens of database management systems available; however, some are better suited to specific business environments and applications than others.
For this assignment, you will analyze a business scenario, compare the pros and cons of different database models and products, and recommend a specific product to meet the needs of the business scenario. You will provide the rationale for your recommendation in terms of the suitability and business benefit.
Scenario document is attached. This assignment is based on that scenario.
Write a 2-page high-level, non-technical recommendation to present to the Brewster CEO.
In your recommendation:
- Analyze the company’s current system.
- Describe the problems and challenges associated with the current system.
- Explain the business benefit of moving from the current system to a single, shared database.
- Compare and contrast at least four different database models, including the relational database model, in the context of the company’s business environment.
- Suggest a specific RDBMS solution you believe would be most appropriate for the company.
- List the benefits the company could expect to gain from implementing the recommended RDBMS.
- Cite at least two references.
Format citations using APA format