Before beginning work on this week’s discussion forum, please review the link “Doing Discussion Questions Right,” the expanded grading rubric for the forum, and any specific instructions for this week’s topic.
By the due date assigned, respond to the assigned discussion questions and submit your responses to the appropriate topic in this Discussion Area.
Respond to the assigned questions using the lessons and vocabulary found in the reading.
Support your answers with examples and research and cite your research using the APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible.
The Prewriting Process
According to J. Richard Hackman, a noted team research scholar, using a team to complete a complex project may not be the best approach. However, imagine that your organization relies heavily on teams to complete projects. Your boss wants you to develop a well-researched report analyzing Hackman’s comment.
As you prepare to write this report, please respond to any four of the questions below. Post your responses in the discussion board.
- What are the first steps of the 3×3 writing process–the prewriting process?
- What is the purpose of your report? Why are you writing this report? What do you hope to achieve with this report?
- What is the best channel to send your report? What factors did you consider in making this decision?
- Who is your primary audience? Do you have a secondary audience?
- What is the appropriate tone for your report?
- What techniques will you use to help you achieve a positive tone?
- How are you going to ensure your report has a “you” view?
- Give an example of how you will make your report:
- Conversational and professional
- Precise and vigorous
As you respond to your classmates, make sure you use the course concepts that you have studied so far.