Business 3022 Unit2Discussion1
BLUE NILE AND DIAMOND RETAILING
Read the case study titled, “Blue Nile and Diamond Retailing,” on pages 98–101 in the textbook, and answer the following questions in your discussion post:
- What are some key success factors in diamond retailing? How do Blue Nile, Zales, and Tiffany compare on those dimensions?
- What do you think of the fact that Blue Nile carries over 30,000 stones priced at $ 2,500 or higher while almost 60 percent of the products sold from the Tiffany Web site are priced at around $ 200? Which of the two product categories is better suited to the strengths of the online channel?
- Which of the three companies do you think is best structured to deal with weak economic times, and why?
- What advice would you give to each of the three companies regarding their strategy and structure?
BUSINESS 3022 Unit2discussion2
UNCERTAINTY IN THE GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN
Global supply chains are exposed to more risk today than ever before. Review Chapter 6 in your textbook and read, “Building the Supply Chain of the Future,” from the McKinsey Quarterly, and then respond to these two questions:
- Why is it important to consider uncertainty when evaluating supply chain design decisions?
- What are the major sources of uncertainty that can affect global supply chain decisions? Be sure that you consider the financial, logistic, political, natural, cultural, and technological sources of uncertainty in your response.
Malik, Y., Niemeyer, A., & Ruwadi, B. (2011). Building the supply chain of the future. McKinsey Quarterly. Retrieved from https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/operations/our-insights/building-the-supply-chain-of-the-future
Attention and Engagement in Social Media
Discussion Blog Post Instructions
This discussion is your first opportunity to make your initial discussion post as a blog post. Because the public may see your work, do not refer to Capella University in your blog post. Simply present your work as a personal blog post that represents your thinking on the topic.
- Complete your initial discussion post as a Microsoft Word document. You will need this Word document to submit your initial discussion post through SafeAssign. Be sure to save this document in your files.
- Next, copy and paste the Word document into your blogging platform.
- From there you can create an attention-getting title, include images to further engage your readers, and format headings to make reading your post easier.
If you have not already done so, ask your digital assistant (DA) for tips using the following keyword search criteria:
- “Creating effective blog post titles.”
- “Effective use of images in blog posts.”
- “Sources of copyright-free images for blog posts.”
- “Formatting your blog post for audience engagement.”
When you have completed your initial discussion blog post and posted it to your blog platform:
- Copy the URL for this discussion blog post.
- Paste the URL into your initial discussion post of the Capella courseroom.
- Create a hyperlink for the URL to your post. For guidance, ask your DA “how to create an active hyperlink” or “YouTube videos on creating active hyperlinks.”
You and your peers will then click on the links posted as the initial discussion post in the courseroom and read the initial discussion blog posts directly from the blog platform. Post your replies as usual in the courseroom discussion.
Discussion Content Instructions
Research conducted over several years by Microsoft reveals that users of social media and other Web sites have average attention spans of about eight seconds—less than the nine-second attention span of a goldfish!
PSYC2210 UNIT1DISCUSSION1 (CONTINUED)
Gaining attention and maintaining engagement in a world of short attention spans involve application of research-based psychological principles. Supplement your required readings with articles and by asking your DA for guidance.
For this initial discussion blog post:
- Develop an attention-getting title related to the topic of gaining attention and engagement in social media.
- Locate a copyright-free image that grabs viewer attention for use in your discussion blog post.
- Divide your initial discussion blog
post into three separate sections using boldface headings for each section:
- Capturing Attention in Social Media
- In this section of your blog post, define what it means to capture attention in social media and why this is important.
- Discuss some of the challenges and at least three strategies for gaining viewer attention in social media.
- Ask your DA “Capturing attention in social media.” Be sure to include in-text citations to the sources you cite in your post.
- Maintaining Engagement in
- Define what it means to secure engagement in social media and why this is important.
- Discuss at least three strategies that have been shown to be effective in maintaining engagement in social media.
- Ask your DA “Maintaining engagement in social media” and include citations to your sources.
- Capturing Attention in Social Media
PSYC2700 UNIT2 DISCUSSION1
This week, we continue building upon our discussions from last week, focusing on prenatal to toddlerhood stages of development. Using Yellowdig, please get the discussion started. Please create pins of 50–60 words. Use one of the following recommended conversation starters or pin ideas, making sure you do not repeat the same prompt you used last week:
- Find a video from one of the classic childhood studies (Piaget, Harlow’s
monkeys, Bandura’s Bobo doll, strange situation test, Sally-Anne task, visual
cliff experiment, little Albert experiment, Wug test, marshmallow test, et
cetera). Include a link to the video.
- Share what conclusions you would make as a researcher after watching the video. What led you to those conclusions? How would you apply this in a real-life scenario?
- Include a hashtag for the study, for example #harlowmonkey, #piaget, #bobodoll.
- Find a video of an infant or toddler that exhibits typical
behavior expected of that stage of development. Share a link to the video.
- Share which development theories would explain the behaviors you see. What characteristics led you to the theory you identified? How might this information be valuable in providing guidance to a parent or teacher?
- Include a hashtag for the theory, for example #erickson, #piaget.
- Locate an article on development from prenatal to toddlerhood,
either through the Capella library or online from a reputable source.
- Share the link and describe how this article supports what you have learned in class so far. Make a connection between what you read and your personal experience with children at that stage of development. How does this information support your intended work in the field?
- Include a hashtag for your article topic or the idea supported.