First, let’s continue our work with the different indexes. This week we will use The Heritage Foundation 2018 Index of Economic Freedom. Using the state you have used in past weeks (Indonesia) answer the following questions:
1. What is your country ranking?
2. How does the state rank in Rule of Law?
3. How does the state rank in Government Size?
4. How does the state rank in Regulatory Efficiency?
5. How does the state rank in Open Markets?
Provide some quick analysis about the economic security of the state you chose.
This week, you will play the role of a newly elected Sri Lankan official. It is your duty to help straighten out the economic disparity problems that exist in Sri Lanka. Draft a proposal to your fellow Parliament members that includes the following:
1. A brief historical overview of the reason for the current economic situation
2. Your solution to help combat the problem (choose 1 or 2 things max for this forum, and be very specific!)
3. Explain specific actors in the international, national and local community that will need to be involved (name them, if it’s an NGO – name the specific NGO).
4. If you are choosing to eliminate any current funding or ventures – be specific in how you would work with businesses and allies
5. Persuade your fellow Parliament members (your classmates) to approve your solution.