This week’s discussion has two areas of focus that influence each other.
- Interaction in an online environment depends on the practice of effective communication. Discussions are designed to be thought provoking and, in some cases, you may find that you have a different point of view from another learner.
- Emotional intelligence is a characteristic of an effective communication. Emotional intelligence can transform contrasting or conflicting perspectives into learning opportunities (Clancy, 2014; Delmatoff & Lazarus, 2014). The same can be said about communication in an interdisciplinary health care team.
- What insights have you gained from your course readings that will support and aid your development as an effective communicator?
- How will developing strong communication skills help you become a more effective health care professional?
- Discuss how the characteristic of emotional intelligence influences your specific role in the field of health care.
- Support your position with at least one reference.
- Offer one example where you have used emotional intelligence to resolve a conflict.
- As a health care professional and effective communicator, describe how you would handle a courseroom discussion where you have a different point of view from a course colleague.
Refer to Faculty Expectations for Response Guidelines. Read the posts of your peers. Look for similarities and differences in how you each approach the importance of communication skills. In your response, you must do one or more of the following:
- Ask a probing question.
- Offer a suggestion.
- Elaborate on a particular point.
- Provide an alternative opinion supported with scholarly references.
Clancy, C. (2014). The importance of emotional intelligence. Nursing Management, 21(8), 15.
Delmatoff, J., & Lazarus, I. R. (2014). The most effective leadership style for the new landscape of healthcare. Journal of Healthcare Management, 59(4), 245â€’249.