- Demonstrate how a Hazard Vulnerability Analysis is completed by completing a HVA for their individual home/business.
- Describe how a Hazard Vulnerability Analysis is used in developing an emergency management program.
- Examine different HVA tools. Many hospitals use the Kaiser Permanente tool, but it does have drawbacks.
- Assess the KP tool and discuss. Refer to: kaiser_model.xls in the attachment.
– Based on your readings and experience, comment on the effectiveness of HVAs. Are they too subjective? How would you approach developing an HVA?
– Develop an HVA for a hospital in your community. Provide details on the hospital (bed numbers, location, ect.). List the top 5 hazards. Defend your answers.
The hospital is https://christianacare.org/facilities/christianaho… in Newark, Delaware.
Reference to appropriate authoritative resources and official websites. Must be accessible online. Use New Times Roman 12 font with 1” margins and APA style. The answer should be at least 400 words.
The required readings is in the attachments:
Campbell, P., Trockman, S. J., & Walker, A. R. (2011). Strengthening Hazard Vulnerability Analysis: Results Of Recent Research In Maine. Public Health Reports, 126(2), 290–293.
Fares, S., Femino, M., Sayah, A., Weiner, D. L., Yim, E. S., Douthwright, S., & … Ciottone, G. (2014). Health care system hazard vulnerability analysis: an assessment of all public hospitals in Abu Dhabi. Disasters, 38(2), 420-433. doi:10.1111/disa.12047
The book is our primary book for the course.