Initial post due Wednesday by 11:59pm.
Response to TWO classmates due Friday by 11:59pm.
Watch the TED Talk. After you have watched the TED Talk, answer the following questions in reply to each TED talk.
As you watch the TED Talk, you may want to follow along to the Transcript (or text) of the speech or refer to the transcript when you are answer the questions for this talk.
For this week’s TED Talk assignment, please answer the following questions about the TED talk “Taxonomy of Haters”
1. What is the speaker’s main argument? Or what is her thesis?
2. Name at least 3 specific examples/pieces of evidence she uses to support her argument?
3. What was the biggest takeaway that you had from this video?
4. What kind of stories is Farsad telling her audience in the speech?
5. How does Farsad organize her speech? In connection with Question 4, when do those stories show up in her speech? When does she tell those stories? Is there any pattern you can discern or figure out from where she places those stories (specific evidence?
6. What is Farsad’s purpose? What does she want from her audience?
7. What is Farsad’s tone? Does she successfully connect with her audience with her tone?