For this essay, use the company, (Microsoft) and analyze how the company has implemented a corporate strategy or a future policy rollout. Consider strategy development, and the implementation phase. In your essay, address the following questions.
- What are the stages of a corporation’s life cycle? How can a corporation’s life cycle be extended? What stage is your company in?
- What is strategy implementation? What questions must strategy makers consider to begin the implementation process?
- It is important to assess the strategy-culture compatibility when implementing a new strategy. Do you think that culture follows strategy, or does strategy follow culture? In your response, use your company to illustrate your points. Justify your answer.
- What is Six Sigma? Why would a company want to implement it?
Your essay should be two to three pages in length, double-spaced, and in 12 pt. Times New Roman font. The title and reference pages do not count towards the minimum page length.
Complete the case study of the company that have been researching (Microsoft). Respond to the four writing prompts below. The responses must include information from academic and scholarly research, including at least two resources,
- Create a case study summary of the company you have chosen, including a general overview of the company, its external environment, and a list of its current strategies and objectives.
- If the company continues with its present strategies and objectives, where will it be in five years?
- If you were the CEO of the company, what strategies would you recommend, and why?
- Describe the competitive strategies used by the company’s main competitors. Which of these strategies are the most effective? How can your company combat these strategies? Support your answers.
If you paraphrase, quote, or use ideas from any source, you should cite your sources using APA guidelines. The case study should be at least three pages in length, excluding a cover page and references page.