By completing this assignment, the student will
Describe examples of violations of human rights during the conduct of scientific research;
Describe codes that seek to assure protection of human subjects of scientific research.
Scientific research that violated the rights of human subjects.
Tuskegee Syphilis Study – U.S. Public Health Service
Answer the following questions on
Describe in detail the nature of the research, including the following.
- the research population
- the experimental treatment
- the dates and length of the research
- the short-term and long-term effects on the human subjects
- the circumstances that ended the research.
In addition to selecting a research study.
- The Declaration of Helsinki
- Describe the circumstances that led to its development.
- Describe the components of the document.