Application: Evaluating Client Profile 4 Using a Reality or Family Systems Approach
In this week’s Discussion, you evaluated strengths and weaknesses of using other approaches with a client. In this Application, you are asked to evaluate a client using a specific approach that was presented this week.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Bring to mind what you have learned in the past 2 weeks about reality and family systems theories and their respective theoretical approaches. Select one of these approaches on which to base this assignment.
- Review Client Profile 4: Lois in this week’s Learning Resources, and think about how you might use your chosen approach with this client.
- Review the course text readings and the media segments for this week, paying attention to how the experts use a specific theoretical orientation, or approach, to evaluate a client.
- In a 1- to 3-page paper, critically evaluate the client in Client Profile 4 using either a reality or family systems approach. Make sure you address:
- The strengths and limitations to using this approach with this client
- The specific cultural/gender/age issues that need to be attended to with this client
- The ethical or legal issues that need to be attended to with this client
- The overall therapeutic goal with this client
- How you would proceed with this client:
- How would you begin?
- What would be the goals of therapy?
- What specific strategies and/or techniques might you use?
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.