TOPIC : Interventions to improve nutritional status: What type of interventions improve adherence to recommendations on nutritional intake?
· Interventions to enhance adherence to dietary advice for preventing and managing chronic diseases in adults.
· Read the study and answer the required questions for each category
· Must write the paper using provided Summary Paper Format on page #3.
· Grading Rubric/Description on page 4-5
ATI #3: Skills Module Contents: Summary Paper Format
· Bold for each Heading and Subheading
· Include in-text citations for all information/contents as needed
· Summary paper MUST be written in this format
Introduction and Key Points
Define the Topic and Question
· How do you interpret and/or understand the topic and question you selected?
Overview/Significance of Problem
· Describe Overview and Significance of Problem of the topic and question you selected
· Include in-text citations
Current and credible resources: List Chamberlain library Database(s) used
Database search-terms and methods
Number of articles located
List additional sources outside of ATI module: List all sources you used for article search outside of ATI (CDC, American Diabetic Association, etc.)
Why this article chosen?
How it addresses the topic? State the “Purpose/Aim of Study” as the author stated in article
Type of Research conducted:
· Quantitative, Qualitative, Descriptive, or Mixed-Method study?
· Briefly describe what was done (sample, methods, measurement tools used)
Findings of Research: Comprehensively describe ALL Findings in the article.
Evidence for Practice
Summary of Evidence
· Briefly summarize the overall purpose and findings.
How will this evidence improve current practice?
· Briefly describe what the current practice is.
· Describe how this evidence improve current practice?
How will this evidence decrease a gap in current practice?
· Briefly describe difference between the current knowledge, skills, competence, practice, performance or patient outcomes and the ideal or desirable state
· Describe how this evidence decrease a gap in the practice?
Any concerns or weaknesses in the evidence/finding? (Found in Discussion)
Sharing of Evidence
Who would you share the information with? (colleagues, other disciplines, patients, families)
How would you share this information? (in-services, health fair for patients, educate healthcare professionals)
What resources would you need to accomplish this sharing of evidence?
· List resources you may need for sharing the evidence as you stated in above 2 questions (who and how) (i.e. administrator, manager, support for materials….etc.)
Why would it be important to share this evidence with the nursing profession?
· Summarizes the Theme of Paper, Findings, and Key points.
· Do NOT include Conclusion/Implication on the article