- Assess how issues impact the Hispanic family system based on the selected mode
- Provide your critical reflection of practice competencies and its multicultural practice application
- Construct a genogram and an ecomap of the family.
The paper should:
- be between 4 and 5 double-spaced pages, not including references, and appendices:
- use references (scholarly sources) as needed to explain your theoretical base or assessment comments;
- be in correct APA style and free of grammar and spelling errors.
Prepare your interview questions by including the following aspects:
- Family background and impacts of family issues: Briefly provide the family background, and discuss how Hispanic family issues affect individuals and other family members’ social and psychological functioning (attach both genogram and ecomap as appendix)
- The types and quality of relationships depicted in the genogram and the ecomap
- The stage of the family life cycle (see Goldenberg, Stanton, & Goldenberg, 2017, pp. 33-34)
- The strengths and vulnerabilities of the Hispanic family
- Cultural elements: What are the effects that ethnicity and diversity have on the family, within the family, and its environmental systems (i.e. common characteristics, values about seeking help, the impact of race, class, religion, gender roles, historical factors).
II – Personal & Professional Critical Reflection
A critical reflection of practice competencies (e.g., any insights
gained in applying the selected theoretical framework for assessing the
family) and multicultural practice application – particularly in
Hispanic culture based on the experience of the interview and this
III – References
APA format reference page(s) with 4 -5 scholarly sources.
IV – Appendices
- Interview questions. Be clear and culturally sensitive (review the aspects covered under Assessment)
- Genogram and ecomap of the family