In this assignment you will analyze food labels, list the nutrient classes and their functions, and summarize the consequences of overnutrition and undernutrition.
Complete the Food Label and Health assignment by providing a response of at least 400 words in APA format to this assignment. Include the following:
- Discuss what the 5/20 rule is according to the Food Label and You video.
find the above video from
Food Label and You video in the search box, click on the first link with the title of Food Label and You video then watch the video for this assignment. make sure you list this source in the reference page.
2. Include an example of a food label from your own pantry, clearly stating how the rule applies to specific nutrients on the food label.
3. Outline how the 5/20 rule would be applied to at least two chronic diseases. For the diseases mentioned which nutrients should be reduced or increased?
4. Discuss the proposed Food Label changes outlined in the Textbook explaining how the changes would help consumers understand food labels more effectively.Examine the food labels for three food items in your own pantry or refrigerator. Name the food products and build a list or a chart, indicating the following components:
- Total calories per serving
- Percentage of calories from fat
- Total amount of carbohydrates (in grams)
- Total amount of protein (in grams)
- Total amount of fiber (in grams)
- 6. From your knowledge of nutrient intake and their associated chronic disease risk, are there changes you would make for the food labels examined?
The Grading Guide for Food Label and Health will be used for this assignment. (see attached file)
format the paper according to the APA level, use header, headlines for all the questions asked above, use in-text citations according to the APA level format guidelines.
include the textbook as a reference
Visualizing Nutrition: Everyday Choices
Author: Mary B. Grosvenor; Lori A. Smolin