Franchising, Wholesaling, and Retailing
Consider the course readings about franchising, wholesaling, and retailing. Write a paper in which you address the following:
- Determine the various types of franchises and provide an example of each to further illustrate distinctions.
- Discuss the benefits likely to be sought by franchisees and franchisers as a result of their involvement in a franchise and explain how the evidence supports conclusions.
- Describe the issues or problems likely of concern for franchisees and franchisers as a result of their involvement in a franchise.
- Classify the types of retail structures that exist worldwide and explain how a retailer’s positioning strategy differentiates it from its competitors—even if selling identical products—and support with scholarly resources and examples.
- Identify the three broad categories of institutions that constitute the wholesaling sector by impartially considering evidence and various perspectives.
- Demonstrate how wholesaling is being altered by electronic commerce and support claims with relevant examples from scholarly sources.
- Summarize the power and coordination issues facing retailers and their suppliers, as well as how suppliers respond to retailers’ use of power to influence channel behavior.
Written communication: Write in a professional manner using APA style and formatting with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Resources: At least 1–3 scholarly references should be provided. A reference list and citations are to be formatted according to APA style and formatting.
Length of paper: Write 2–3 double-spaced pages.
Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12-point or Arial, 10-point font.