Case Scenario Guidelines
Select an actual event from your prior professional experience in which you or the organization(s) with which you work developed, enacted, implemented, and/or impacted public policy.You can also select one from the literature (i.e., reputable newspapers, periodicals, websites, etc.) with which you are familiar enough to complete this paper. Think in broad terms about the definition of public policy. Social change and/or an organization’s strategic agenda are acceptable.
Write a case scenario that illustrates how you or your organization developed, enacted, implemented, and/or impacted public policy.
Organize the case scenario according to the following format:
A. Background: Provide the background for the case scenario. The background section of the paper must include but is not limited to the following:
• A brief description of the organization(s) involved including the country where the case originates
• A description of the policy issue and how it was addressed
• An explanation of the desired outcome or goal
• An explanation of the action undertaken to achieve the outcome (i.e., was the organization attempting to develop, enact, implement, and/or impact public policy or was it a combination of these activities and what was done?)
• A detailed description of the actual policy outcome and an explanation of the factors that may have impacted it
B. Variables: Provide a description of the variables that effected the development, enactment, and implementation of the public policy. Use the following prompts to help structure this section. Please note, not all prompts will apply to the event you select.
- Explain what, if any, basic democratic concepts, principles, and processes were involved.
- Explain the network interactions involved, if any, and explain what they were.
- Explain the tools of democracy or strategies your organization used.
- Describe the leaders and explain their influence on the process.
- Explain the ethical concerns and implications surrounded the action.
- Explain diversity issues involved, if any, and explain how they were addressed.
- Explain whether the action presented a challenge to democratic governance and explain how those challenges were addressed.
- Explain the role of technology in the process.
C. Relationships: Describe the relationships among the variables you explained in the previous section. For example, did the actors in the policy network related to the event influence the type of tools used to implement a policy? Or, did social networking technology used to connect actors lead to ethical issues surrounding privacy? Be creative and think about all the possible relationships among the variables.
D. Insights: Share conclusions, insights, and recommendations that emerged from your experiences and the development of the case scenario. Include insights you have gained concerning how this case might have played out differently in a different country or culture as well as how the public policy might effect social change.
This paper must be presented as a 12- to 15-page (not including references, title page, or abstract), double-spaced, APA-formatted paper
No plagiarism please