Unit 7: Assignment
HA499: Interdisciplinary Integration: Apply principles of management needed to work
in teams, build cross-functional teams, and facilitate collaborative decision-making.
PC-1.3: Apply conflict management skills to resolve issues and/or build team alliances.
Teambuilding and Communications Proposal
You have just been hired as a consultant to the chief executive officer (CEO) of a health
care organization. Your duty is to improve the management tools and practices needed
to work in teams, build cross-functional teams, and facilitate collaborative decision-making.
You need to identify elements found in an effective health care work group and identify
barriers to communication that may cause conflict within a group. Suggest some types
of communication techniques that can be used to avoid conflicts within a team.
You need to address ways to improve communication among departments in an
organization to avoid conflict. Finally, identify strategies that may be used to avoid
recurring conflicts and ways a leader can prevent conflict within the team in the
Based upon what you have learned in this class, prepare a 1,250–1,500-word paper in
which you propose a quality improvement plan to present to the CEO addressing these
Cite at least FOUR (4) references to validate your proposal. Prepare this Assignment
according to the APA guidelines.
- You identified elements found in an effective healthcare work group in the assignment scenario. 20 Points
- You identified barriers to communication that may cause conflict within a group. 20 Points
- You describe communication techniques that can be used to avoid conflicts within the team. 20 Points
- You identified strategies to improve communications and strategies to avoid recurring conflicts within the team of the organization. 20 Points
- You cited FOUR (4) references. 20 Points