This is an opportunity for you to evaluate the effectiveness of inferential statistics in health care. Please respond in first person, share personal experiences, and ask questions to further develop your understanding of how to analyze a data set using inferential statistics.
Now that you are an experienced explorer locating evidence-based research articles, you are prepared to locate your own. Using the University Library, locate one scholarly research article that uses either T-test, ANOVA, Chi-Square, Correlation, or Regression analysis as its primary data analysis procedure and answer the following questions:
- What is the intended purpose of the study?
- How does the research questions/hypotheses address the problem as detailed by the researcher?
- How does the content in the purpose statement and research questions define the methodology used in the study?
- How was the data collected and analyzed?
- What was the benefit of using the selected statistical test?
- What was the outcome of the study?
When searching in the Library, try experimenting with different key words such as: health inferential statistics, health ANOVA, health T-test, health correlation, health regression, etc.