- Going into the 1858 elections, all of the following are true about Stephen Douglas EXCEPT:
he proposed the Compromise of 1850.
he voted controversially in the Kansas Nebraska Act.
he was beloved by Southern Democrats.
he championed the platform of popular sovereignty.
- As the war became inevitable, the “Five Civilized Tribes” threw their support towards:
spilt between the two.
- All of the following “border states” would secede from the Union EXCEPT:
- All of the following were measures imposed by the North to benefit the war effort EXCEPT:
the Homestead Act.
the Enrollment Act.
the National Bank Acts.
the Wade-Davis Bill.
- The strategies of the Crittenden Compromise included all of the following EXCEPT:
restoration of the Missouri Compromise border.
prohibition of slavery abolition in areas where it existed.
instituting felony charges to uprisings.
refusal to interfere with slave trade.
- The first state to secede was:
- Fort Sumter was intended as a pro-Confederate stage for all of the following EXCEPT:
a sign of the Confederacy’s resolve.
attracting European support.
securing a strategic port.
setting up a naval base.
- What prominent fear about former slaves was even shared by European immigrants in the North?
Job loss/cheap labor
- How many Southern electoral votes did Abraham Lincoln receive in the 1860 Presidential Election?
All cited sources and references must be in APA format.