- The student will visit one of three options related to U.S. historical events between the 1500s-1865: 1. A local museum. 2. A National Park. 3. A befitting video website walking video tour or suitable YouTube link of a Museum or National Park related to U.S. historical events between the 1500s-1865. Regardless of whether the student chooses to physically visit a location or view a site via a weblink route, it is required that they submit a request proposal (via the Mod. 4 DB assignment) to the course instructor seeking formal approval before taking the next steps in completing the Mod. 7 writing assignment.
- Following the site visit, using the available assignment template, the student will then type a double space 12 font reflection (700-800 words) answering the following questions… How is this historical site relevant to events within the 1500s-1865 and the area now known as the United States? What historical information did you learn from this visit? What historical event or events were covered via this site? What (i.e.) artifacts and/or other displayed items were interesting to you and why? In other words, what stood out about this place and why? How did the site help you appreciate history?
- The title page and reference page do not count towards the total page count.
- When you are finished, your assignment must be:
- You must use the template for the assignment provided in Assignment site.
oIn a Microsoft Word (or compatible) document
§12-point Times New Roman font
§Page numbers placed at the bottom center of each page of text (not including the title page)
oProofread carefully to ensure it is written in scholarly language with no grammar, spelling, or punctuation errors and conforms to the standards of mechanics and style expected at the university level
PLEASE NOTE: I included two youtube links of people who have visited the museum so that you can supply actual facts about what is inside the museum. I planned to go myself by did not get the chance before this assignment.
Please make paper sound as if I visited the museum.