Answer the one question from each assigned section this week (sections 12.1-12.4). Each response should be 1-2 paragraphs in length. Type your numbered answers in a Word document (i.e. Section 12.1 Question 2, etc.). APA formatting is not required. If you use outside sources to support your answers, provide APA-style citations and a reference page.
Answer one of the following from Section 12.1:
- Which document allows you to effectively monitor the performance of your system?
- Why is it important to conduct a needs assessment?
- In the IT asset lifecycle, in which phase would you applying updates and patches?
- Why should you test a new asset in a sandbox environment?
- What information is needed to create a network diagram?
Answer one of the following from Section 12.2:
- Where can you obtain an MSDS if you didn’t receive one with your shipment?
- What can you do to ensure the safety of employees and visitors?
- What is the difference between a portable and fixed fire suppression systems?
- What are the four components that fire needs to burn?
- In fire suppression, what is the PASS method?
- What is the ideal relative humidity for a room to protect against ESD?
Answer one of the following from Section 12.3:
- What is the difference between a threat and a vulnerability?
- What is a mission critical system?
- What is the difference between a BCP and a BIA?
- Which part of risk response can introduce the possibility of negligence and lead to liability?
- What is the difference between a tangible and an intangible asset?
- What is the difference between quantitative and qualitative analysis?
Answer one of the following from Section 12.4:
- What are the characteristics of a strong password?
- What vulnerabilities does a vulnerability scan look for in your network?
- Why should you destroy old versions of the security plan?
- What is the difference between onboarding and off-boarding?
- Which document specifies who is going to do what and when?