For this Assignment, you will select a specific client population that you intend to work with in the future (e.g., children with ADHD). You will then write a 2-3 page paper utilizing the assessment instrument you selected along with information about a chosen client population. Be sure to evaluate the technical considerations of the selected instrument, usefulness, and how this instrument will support a diagnosis.
The Assignment: (2-3 pages)
- Select a client population that you want to work with in your future practice and provide a brief introduction to this population
- Go to the library databases in the Walden Library and select assessment databases (e.g., Mental Measurements Yearbook (MMY), Psyc TEST, Health and Psychosocial Instruments).
- Select one assessment instrument (e.g. symptom checklists, personality assessment, or another diagnostic instrument)
- Identify and define the client population you plan to work with in your future and how this instrument will be useful to this population
- Provide identifying information for the instrument you selected, including but not limited to: author or test publisher, date of publication, costs associated with the assessment, length of time needed to administer, and description of the test items.
- Report the reliability and validity information and why this is important
- Describe the benefits and limitations of using this assessment instrument
- Finally, describe how you might use it in your future practice to support diagnosis of a developmental, behavioral or other mental health disorder
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are required to provide a reference list and to appropriately cite, in APA style, all references used within your Assignment.
Submit your Assignment by Day 7.