- What must the department or agency do to limit liability in the event of injury or death resulting from a police pursuit-related collision?
- What actions are necessary for establishing a pursuit training program?
- Who are the stakeholders for such a program?
- Should law enforcement agencies place more significant restrictions on police-related vehicle pursuits? Why or why not?
- How would these restrictions impact vehicle pursuit training
While examining how federal statues and court decisions affect law enforcement training, relate deliberate indifference to the actions or training conducted by the organization or municipality. What circumstances in City of Canton v. Harris brought about the court’s evaluation of deliberate indifference? How do federal statutes impact or influence inadequate or improper training by law enforcement, specifically through Title 42, U.S. Code, Section 1983? Does a finding of deliberate indifference take into consideration either the inability or unwillingness to follow or understand the specific training?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.