Instructions: This exercise requires you to apply the concepts and methods learned so far in the course. You are to brainstorm and outline each of the following areas, creating talking points for an in-depth, in-class discussion.
- Explain why each of these is critical for a successful supply chain operation:
- Integrated technology
- Information sharing
- Trust among trading partners
- Real-time information availability
- Event-response capability
- Risk management
- Given the complexities and risks involved with supply chains, might it make sense for a business organization to vertically integrate and be its own supply chain?
- From a systems viewpoint, what are some of the environmental issues involved in a decision by a company to outsource manufacturing operations to a foreign country?
- Select three of the examples of unethical behavior in section 15.5, other than those that violate basic human rights, and indicate which principle in Table 15.2 would be violated.