At this point, you are asked to complete the video journey questions.
Please include the questions and answers when you submit your assignment. Use appropriate headings in your assignment. Submit the work as one file attachment. This means you complete all work in one word processing document and attach the file using the dropbox tool. Submit your work in Unit 2: Lab Questions dropbox.
The answers to the lab questions are worth 10 points.
questions for link one:
- Why do you think that the article begins with a description of Wonder Woman?
- William Moulton Marston said that “Not even girls want to be girls so long as our feminine archetypes lacks force, strength and power.” Does this quote reflect the myths described in the Unit?
- Why do you think that some scholars perceived female-dominated societies as better than the current male-dominated ones?
- Why do you think that the Amazons became so important in the founding myth of Athens?
questions for link two: https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/09/viking…
- The article states that the idea of women Viking warriors was believed to be “mythological embellishments—a belief colored by modern expectations of gender roles.” What does this mean?
- Why do you think that the scholarly community did not believe Anna Kjellström’s conclusion that the skeleton was a woman?
- Why are the elements related to trade found in the grave as important as those related to war?
- Both the article on Amazons and the one on Vikings use discoveries in gravesites to connect myth to facts and develop a better understanding of women warriors. These discoveries threaten modern understandings of gender roles. Give examples from both texts that show how the gravesite discoveries tell a very different story from what society claims are the roles for men and women.