Select an issue for Community Empowerment that you have observed in your clinical setting and that you have discussed with your preceptor. This might be a chronic health condition, a recent crisis or disaster in the community, a health-related legislative concern or something else!
Then, answer all of the following questions:
- Describe the issue comprehensively. Is the issue simply and easily explained by community members?
- Will the issue unite community members and involve them in the problem resolution or divide them?
- Is the issue consistent with the long-range goals of the community or clinical setting?
- How does the issue affect community or organizational resources (financial, personnel, supplies, etc)?
- Does the issue have the potential for creating new community partnerships? Or new adversaries? Why?
- What is your prediction for the final outcome of the issue?
Every ? must be answered.
At least one page long.
Must include at least one peer reviewed nursing journal article from 2015-2020