To prepare for part one: Scrutinizing Personality Trait Assessments
Take one of the personality trait assessments included in this week’s Learning Resources. Be sure to retrieve your score. http://www.outofservice.com/
Reflect on the results and how well you feel they describe your personality.
Consider how you would view the results if they were used by a prospective employer to evaluate you for a job or promotion.
By Day 3
Post a response to the three questions that includes the following:
- Describe the assessment you completed and your score.
- Explain to what degree you think the assessment results reflect your personality and why.
- Explain at least two strengths and two limitations of the personality trait assessment that you took if it were used in the workplace.
To prepare for part two: Reflecting on Personality Trait Theories
Through the readings in the text, you are examining those theories and the contributions of three key theorists: Gordon Allport, Raymond Cattell, and Hans Eysenck
Review this week’s Learning Resources on personality trait theories and theorists.
“Course Text: Cervone, D., & Pervin, L. A. (2016). Personality: Theory and research (13th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Chapter 7, “Trait Theories of Personality: Allport, Eysenck, and Catell” (pp. 199–225)
Chapter 8, “Trait Theory: The Five-Factor Model—Applications and Evaluation of Trait Approaches to Personality” (pp. 227–260)”
Review the personality trait assessment you completed for the Discussion and your results, as well as any other assessments you explored.
Think about how you would apply your assessment results and personality trait theories in your personal and/or professional life. Be prepared to address two specific areas of functioning, such as academic, occupational, social, or others of your choosing.
By Day 3
Submit a 2- to 3-page paper to these three questions that addresses the following:
- Explain how applying personality trait theories to your assessment results might help you understand yourself and your relationships in two specific areas of functioning (e.g., academic, occupational, social, or others).
- Explain whether you find personality trait theories more effective as an explanation for human behavior than psychoanalytic or humanistic theories and provide your reasoning.
- Describe personality trait theorists with whom you particularly agree and disagree and explain your reasoning.
Although this Assignment has elements of a personal reflection, you must demonstrate your understanding of the week’s topics. Be specific and provide examples.