You have arrived at the third part of the Course Project. By this week, you should have collected the sources that you need to support, with relevant evidence, the position you have taken on the issue you chose, and the three aspects of the issue you will write about. This week you will submit a thesis statement and an annotated bibliography of at least five sources that you will use in your paper.
This week, you will submit a thesis statement and an annotated bibliography with evaluation of at least five (5) sources you intend to use in your final paper to support your claim. These are sources that provide evidence to support that your claim should be accepted by the reader. Scholarly sources are preferred and should be used where available; due to the nature of some of the topics, authoritative articles in very high quality substantive journals may also be acceptable.
- Use the Source Evaluation Worksheet to determine if your source is current; if it is not current, explain why you think it is acceptable.
- Use the Source Evaluation Worksheet to determine if your source is credible, reliable and authoritative
- Use the Source Evaluation Worksheet to determine how well your source supports your thesis; if the annotation does not make this obvious, explain to your instructor how you will use it.
- Use the Source Evaluation Worksheet to determine if your support is popular; if it is, explain to your instructor why you think it is acceptable.
Prepare a citation, annotation, and evaluation for each source.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 100-150 words per source for Part 1; 50-80 words per source for Part 2 (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page