You are the cybersecurity expert for a government organization. There is great concern that hackers from another country will infiltrate the government network by using a phishing attack to interfere with our election process. One member send you an email that looks suspicious, in oder to provide law enforcement with as much information as possible you decide to track the sender.
- You may use the attached email (.txt) the senders IP is highlighted or choose one from your own email
- Trace the IP to get a physical address (starting point)
- Share any other information you find that may be relevant to law enforcement
Short Guides – You may need Google “how to view the source code for your specific” device, browser etc… also works on email that are not saved on your device.
1) Where do you see technology leading us in terms of the future?
2) Identify a device (anything that has a CPU) that we use every day that is not protected and subject to being hacked?