Create an 8-10-slide PowerPoint presentation discussing your cultural background. When discussing your culture, consider components of yourself such as race, ethnicity, religion, spiritual heritage, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, socioeconomic status, traditions, and family heritage. You are not required to include any information you do not feel comfortable sharing.
Include the following in your presentation:
- A title slide, a conclusion slide, and a reference slide (in addition to the 8-10 content slides)
- Communication styles of your culture (verbal and nonverbal)
- Parts of your culture you are proud of
- Parts of your culture that you would like to improve
- Stereotypes toward your culture
- Stereotypes held within your culture
- How your culture perceives mental health and wellness (i.e., receiving mental health care)
- How your cultural background will influence your ability to provide mental health services to someone from your culture and someone from another culture
Include at least two scholarly references in your presentation.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.