You have been given the opportunity to present your case to an influential interest group in your community. You will use information gathered in each of the previous assignments to create a compelling presentation with the goal of persuading the interest group that your position on the policy is worthy of being implemented.
Using Assignments 1, 2, and 3, create a 6–8-slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Provide a historical perspective of the policy from Assignment 1.
- Describe the official and unofficial actors of the policy from Assignment 2.
- Present both of the positions of the policy from Assignment 3.
- Persuade the audience that the position you have chosen is worthy of the policy being implemented.
Your assignment must include:
- Title slide with the name of the policy, your name, and date.
- Reference slide with at least four peer-reviewed references, formatted according to the Strayer Writing Standards.
- 6–8 slides (the title slide and reference slide are not included in this number).
- Typed narration of each of your slides in the Notes section of PowerPoint.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Defend positions (for and against) on policy issues using various argument types.