The literature review is the second chapter of your dissertation. It is a place where you synthesize the information you have been reading and demonstrate how it all connects to your dissertation topic. This assignment will allow you to begin developing, if you have not already started, your literature review around your chosen dissertation topic.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to the most current dissertation prospectus template in the DC (dc.gcu.edu) for details and criteria for literature review (Chapter 2).
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
Draft the Introduction to your literature review (Chapter 2). The Introduction should include, among other items,
- An opening sentence that describes the topic to be investigated
- A description of the importance of the topic to the field
- Asummary of the themes to be addressed in the chapter (the literature review).
Revise any draft pieces from the 10 Strategic Points related to the Literature Review (Chapter 2) that you created in previous courses incorporating the feedback from your instructor. Complete criteria for the literature review draft are available in the most current prospectus template located in the DC.
Draft the Summary to your literature review (Chapter 2). Among other ideas, the Summary should note
- Conflicting information (tensions)in the existing literature
- Omitted information (gaps) in the existing literature
- How the study you are doing is new and different
- How your study will add scholarly value to the field of study.
Please follow instructions of assignment based on what is listed above. Please also cite any references in APA 6th edition format. I have attached the dissertation template for reference. This assignment only focuses on Chapter 2. I have also included my 10 research strategic points. Please let me know if further info is needed.