Watch the following video and complete the video response prompts as following:
- List THREE facts or main ideas in the video that you found interesting or important.
- What were your reactions to the video? Describe something left unanswered you would like to know more about, or what information was left out that might aide your understanding of the topic.
- Did this video change any notions or opinions you had before you saw it? Why or why not? If it aligns with your current thinking, describe how it broadened your understanding of the topic.
- Consider online dating apps and websites. How might a sociologist explain the widespread use of these tools from the symbolic interactionist theoretical perspective?
- Helen Fisher: Technology Hasn’t Changed Love, and Here’s Why (Links to an external site.)
(Links to an external site.)In our tech-driven, interconnected world, we’ve developed new ways and rules to court each other, but the fundamental principles of love have stayed the same, says anthropologist Helen Fisher. In this energetic tell-all from the front lines of love, learn how our faster connections are actually leading to slower, more intimate relationships